Wednesday, June 17, 2009

bringing the darkness into focus....

Last night I found myself very awake when everyone else in the house was sound asleep. It was so stuffy and humid in the house that I decided to go out and sit on the porch. After just a few minutes the moths began to attack me there beneath the porch light so I quickly shut it off only to find myself in the darkest dark I can remember being in in a long time. It was just cloudy enough that the waning moon and stars could not be seen and I entertained myself for quite some time opening and closing my eyes only to see no difference at all.
So magical to know that you are surrounded by a forest teaming with life and that they are all staring at you making a fool of yourself stumbling around waving your hand in front of your own face.
I went inside to get the camera. I blindly aimed at scenes that I could not see and brought the darkness into focus...




















1 comment:

  1. Do you know how much joy you bring to me? My senses are heightened because of your deep spiritual connection to your Mother Earth.
    I love you,
    Your Mother

    ReplyDelete